Developing and Implementation Motivation and
Compensation Systems - Practical Aspects
2-day practical workshop for top-managers, HRM directors, company
CEOs and leading specialists in charge of the development of personnel
motivation and compensation systems.
By the end of this seminar the participants will
get valuable practical experience and skills required to work
out and implement the results-oriented compensation systems. The
participants will acquainted with the latest trends in the field
of personnel compensation and study the cases showing the way
to apply a complex system of material and non-material motivation
of personnel (workers, specialists, executives) in Russian and
Western companies, they will get useful instruments to be used
in their organizations.
Principles Underlying an Effective Motivation
and Compensation System
- Developing of a complex personnel motivation
system aligned with the company goals.
- The main principles of the motivation theory.
Motivation factors. Correlation of the incentives being used
and the needs.
- Factors affecting the efficiency of a motivation
and payment system.
Design of the Invariable Part of the Salary
- Components of the compensation system.
- Forming of the invariable part of the salary.
The "grades system". Hay-method.
- Cons and Pros of the "grades system".
- Practical use of the system in American and
Exercise. Development of the "grades" matrix
for a production and commercial company.
"Management by Objectives" (MBO) is a basis
for developing an effective system of payment by results (developing
and monitoring the variable part of the salary).
- Goal setting in a SMART format. "Decomposition
of goals" principle. Matrices of goals.
- Identifying the employee performance efficiency:
calculation of the Integral Performance Indicator.
- Correlation between awarding bonuses and attaining
company goals, department goals, and employee's individual goals.
- Identifying the Key Performance Indicators
(KPI) of employees.
- Correlation between KPI and reward. Measuring
- Reward matrices (tables).
- Cons and Pros of the MBO methology.
Exercise. Creating a personal map of goals
in the "Management by Objectives" system, assessment of results,
calculating the bonus part.
Practical aspects of forming the salary variable
- The main approaches to forming the reward
variable part. Bonus systems for production enterprises; bonus
- Forming the bonus variable part for trade
companies: for sales and marketing personnel, sales departments.
- Practical aspects of treats and bribery system.
Cons and Pros.
- Different countries' experience: USA, Japan,
Benefit System (Social Package).
- Examples of the benefit system (social benefits)
in Russian and Western companies.
- "Cafeteria Principle" - an approach that ensures
the benefit system efficiency.
Case Study "Developing a motivation and
Non-Material Motivation of Personnel.
- Main components of non-material personnel
motivation. Case study of the Russian companies' practice.
- Moral motivation. Psychological factors.
- Coaching as an efficient method of personnel
Introducing a New Payment System.
- Stages of developing a complex personnel reward
- Solving the problems arising when changes
are being implemented: personnel resistance, etc.
- Success factors of introducing a new motivation
and payment system.
- Criteria of payment and motivation system efficiency.
Seminar hours: 2 days, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
/ 6 p.m.
Forms of activity: the seminar is held
in a workshop format with the use of theoretical material, hand-outs,
exercises, case study.
Author and Speaker: Elena N. Vetluzhskikh,
HRM consultant and business trainer. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org